On Saturday, May 19, 2018 families and friends attended Harper College’s Commencement Ceremony to celebrate the 3,800 students that earned a degree or certificate over the past academic year. More than 700 graduates participated in this year’s ceremony with over 5,000 in attendance.
This year’s Commencement address was given by David Coleman, President and CEO of The College Board. The ceremony was held at the outdoor Pavilion located behind Building D on the Harper main campus.
Quick facts about this year’s graduates:
- 32 degree graduates earned a 4.0 GPA.
- 299 graduates maintained a GPA between 3.5 – 3.9 (Honors).
- 48 graduates maintained a GPA 3.25 or higher.
- 1 graduate received national recognition as a Jack Kent Cooke transfer scholars recipient and will receive up to $40,000 per year to fund their educational costs. (tuition, room and board, fees and books)
- 265 graduates received the Phi theta Kappa distinction.
- 29 were named Kappa Beta Delta.
- Graduates represented 10 international countries.
- 87 graduates are Veterans and family members of Veterans.